Monday, March 3, 2014

The Method Behind the Madness: A Little More About our Resident OCD Biz Manager, Katy Blevins!

Hey there, Hampton Roads! 

I joined Somer at The Studio HR on January 1st of this year and I could not be more thrilled to serve our local photographers, artists and small business owners. Providing a creative and professional environment in which others can excel and ultimately provide their clients with the very best is very important to me, and these past few months with The Studio have been a whirlwind of activity. We are so excited and so grateful for the very generous community support of our little adventure and have so many awesome plans in the works for future ways to serve you better.

For those of you who don’t know me from the Hampton Roads Creative, where I met Somer and work alongside her and a team of others to moderate a community forum for local artists and small business owners, I’ll give you a bit more of the inside scoop of my crazy life.

I’m a full-time working Mom of toddler twin boys and a teenage daughter. I’m married to the love of my life and we have the world’s most annoying bull dog. And a handful of fish. My Monday-Fridays are spent at a locally-owned software company working in administrative support to the sales department and my weekends are generally spent nurturing my own photography business, which specializes in weddings, engagements and boudoir.  I also teach basic photography skills to new camera owners and my most recent adventure is a new mommy blog called Chaos& Kiddos: Mommy’s Survival Guide. Suffice to say, time is a hot commodity these days and I’m almost always wearing multiple hats simultaneously. Thankfully, multi-tasking is in my blood and I work best under pressure, so life is good. I am blessed beyond measure, have the sense of humor of a small child (I love puns!!!!) and thrive on laughter, music and art.

Photo Courtesy of: Somer Anne Photography

What’s my role at The Studio Hampton Roads?

I am the man behind the curtain, so to speak. I manage all bookings via thestudiohr@gmail.com, so when you email The Studio to inquire about renting the space, I’m the gal talking back at ya! I follow the bookings from start to finish, manage the calendar (in all its glory and quirkiness), and manage most of the accounting, invoicing and record keeping. I live to have all of my little ducks in a perfect little row, so manning the organizational and operational side of the business is the best fit for me. 

I look forward to continuing to grow The Studio, serving you better, fostering positive community environments in which small business owners and artists can create and work, and meeting new people in our area and beyond! 

If you'd like to keep up with all things Katy, here's the rundown of where to find me on social media:

Facebook - KB Photo
Facebook - Chaos & Kiddos

No comments:

Post a Comment